Wahoo Fitness helps athletes get better by making easy-to-use connected devices.Our fitness platform seamlessly integrates wearable sensors, advanced-training hardware and mobile apps with iPhone and Android accessories to help everyday and world-class athletes alike reach their fitness goals.We were founded in 2010, are privately funded and have had five years of incredible growth.Our products are sold globally, including at key retailers such as the Apple Store and also online at Amazon and Wahoo Fitness’ website.We have won multiple innovation awards, including ones from the Consumer Electronics Show and Eurobike.We need creative, passionate, self-starters who thrive in a casual, free-flowing environment to help fuel our growth.
Wahoo Fitness team members are good at what we do because we’re passionate about it.We’re looking for folks who have a variety of outside interests and who are as passionate about what they do for work and for fun.You don’t have to be an Olympic athlete or rocket scientist to work at Wahoo Fitness, but you should do what you love and love what you do.
Wahoo Team members are self-starting, self-motivated, initiative-taking, and make-it-happen kind of people.We’re a small company, so we need people who can figure things out on their own, know when to ask for help, and can drive things forward quickly and efficiently.An ownership mindset is a must - don’t expect for someone to do your job for you. We think that excuses kinda suck - so don’t try to blame our dog, Birdie, when your homework isn’t done.
We’re nice people.And a lot of what we do is based on building great relationships.The relationships with our customers, with our App partners, with our manufacturers, and- most importantly- with each other are critically important to our business.We want to work with folks who have a friendly, positive attitude and a fantastic ability to play well with others.We want people who build friendships, not networks.
At Wahoo Fitness, our culture is an important part of who we are and what we do.If you think this description fits you, we would love to meet you.Please throw your name in the ring and we will do our best to get back to you soon!
Director of Digital Marketing
The Director of Digital Marketing will drive traffic and revenues of our direct channel via the Wahoo Fitness website and support overall product marketing through various forms of digital marketing strategies, market awareness, and product development.
The ideal candidate will be able to apply strategic thinking and detailed execution to grow the Wahoo brand into a well-respected, premium fitness technology brand.Wahoo seeks a well-rounded, strategic thinker with the dexterity to craft long-term strategies on one day, and execute at a very granular level on the next.The position will report into Wahoo’s VP of Global Marketing and is located in Atlanta, GA, USA.
- Use digital media to grow Wahoo brand awareness overall and drive traffic to our highest profit margin channel – our website.
- Build and execute a digital media plan for driving traffic to our website and generating overall consumer awareness of the Wahoo brand and its products through online advertising – organic and paid search, display advertising, programmatic media.
- Create successful merchandising campaigns to convince consumers to buy Wahoo products – promotions, effective educational content, well designed direct marketing ads, social media promotions/contests
- Develop programmatic and paid search campaigns to drive traffic.Ability to drive deep analytics and measure ROI is critical for paid search and Google campaigns.
- Develop a dashboard for analyzing the effectiveness of our online advertising and social media – establish clear metrics and success factors and drive execution towards these goals.
- Develop email marketing strategy and campaigns for B2C and B2B customers.
- Create a social media strategy – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. – and use it as an effective tool for launching and merchandising our products.
- 3 – 5 years of overall marketing experience with an expertise in digital marketing in a business to consumer environment
- Self-starter, self-motivated, initiative-taking, and make-it- happen kind of person
- Strong ability to problem solve
- Strong bias for action and demonstrated desire for ownership
- Agency experience desirable
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time and to prioritize tasks
- Great project management, organizational, and analytical skills
- Experience managing a budget
- Ability to work overtime and weekends
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for sport fitness and technology
Director of Hardware Engineering
- Unique combination of technical depth (mechanical engineering focus), industry knowledge, customer sensibility, vision and passion.
- The “working leader” of Wahoo’s hardware engineering function
- Partner with Wahoo’s Project Managers, Software and Business Owners to ensure Wahoo provides cutting-edge, connected fitness device products.
- Reports to the Founder and Chief Product Officer Define & Lead
- In partnership with Wahoo’s R&D, Project Management, Software and Operations Teams, transform product ideas into successful product launches.
- Attract, retain and motivate a highly skilled engineering team, including the use of outside resources
- Coach, mentor and provide advice while extensively participating in technical decisions
- Act as a “go to” technical resource capable of simplifying complex issues, building consensus around solutions, and driving swift resolution of cross team issues.
- Set clear project objectives and deliverables for hardware engineers, both internal and external resources
- In partnership with Wahoo’s Sales & Marketing, Project Management and Software Teams, efficiently create products that deliver on the company’s revenue, margin and broader business objectives.
- Develop and drive the product roadmap in partnership with Wahoo’s Business Owners and Software leadership.
- Manage contract engineering resources to deliver projects on time, budget and spec.
- Own all hardware product deliverables throughout all phases of the Product Life Cycle.
- Responsible for technical change management of existing products.
- Identify key success metrics, analyze the results of product launches / changes, and communicate results and next steps.
- Successful track record of leading the effort to rapidly take hardware products from concept to commercial production in an early stage / small company.
- BA/BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- MBA or equivalent experience a plus
- 10+ years of product development experience driving the development of fitness or consumer electronic products
- 5+ years experience managing and developing others
- Experience managing external contractors and/or manufacturers
- Strong technical capabilities
- An open communicator – we strive to maintain a culture and a company where we leave politics at the door, where brainstorming is the norm and where we encourage every colleague to be engaged in the process.
- A problem solver – possessing a balance of can-do attitude with an understanding of what can actually be done with time and resources.Strong desire to work in a fast moving entrepreneurial environment
- Certified sense of humor
- Connected development experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD software such as ProE or Solidworks.
- Quality mindset with working knowledge of Six Sigma quality processes.
- Product design experience with additional industrial design experience is a plus.
Wahoo is seeking an industrial designer with at least 5 years of experience in hard goods or durable product design.We’d like you to join our team of product managers, engineers & UX/UI professionals to create what’s next in the fitness technology world.Our preferred candidate will have a varied background with multiple product successes.They should have a thorough understanding of the product development process and an interest in working on cycling, running, triathlon equipment & wearables.
- Design research and detailed knowledge of industry trends
- Innovative thinking and ideation along with the ability to communicate these ideas through sketching, 2D rendering, 3D modeling and in writing
- Design, develop & manage CMF (Color, Materials, Finish) for new products from concept through production, evaluate samples and understand the manufacturing implications/constraints.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions, design reviews and weekly project team meetings
- Work collaboratively with mechanical & electrical engineering teams to ensure product manufacturability and integrity
- Work independently with external design & engineering resources to ensure design intent & project success
- Regular communications with overseas factories
- Possible overseas travel to work with our suppliers and factories
- Work with the engineering team to complete product specs and BOM’s
- Prototyping and bread-boarding ideas as they pertain to the development process
- Coordinate with project management in order to hit deadlines and ensure information is communicated in a timely fashion both internally and externally
- College degree or equivalent required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a coordinated team environment
- Sensitivity to form, proportion and detail
- Experience with ergonomics, human factors & user interface
- Ability to recommend and document colors, finishes, materials and textures
- Strong conceptual sketching skills
- Physical modeling & mock-up skills
- 3D surfacing, modeling & rendering skills
- Computer knowledge of Powerpoint, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks and remain organized
APAC General Manager
This position will lead Wahoo’s Sales, Marketing and Business Development opportunities in the APAC region, with an initial focus on the Japanese market. The ideal candidate will be able to apply strategic thinking and detailed execution to grow the Wahoo brand into a well-respected, premium fitness technology brand.This position is not a one-dimensional sales role.Wahoo seeks a well-rounded, strategic thinker with the dexterity to craft long-term strategies on one day, and execute at a very granular level on the next.The APAC Region Manager will report into Wahoo’s International Sales/Marketing Director and APAC Director located in Atlanta, GA, USA.
- Plan, manage and execute Wahoo’s APAC sales, marketing and business development initiatives.
- Execute and expand Wahoo’s Japanese and pan-APAC sales channel strategy, inclusive of direct sales via wahoofitness.com, sales to online and physical dealers, and 3 rd party distributors
- Cultivate existing Wahoo partnerships in key markets (Japan and pan-APAC), and selectively identify new opportunities to grow Wahoo brand awareness and consumer affinity to our products and services.
- Provide ideas and execution plans for local grassroots marketing initiatives in Japan and other high growth APAC countries.
- Activate the Wahoo brand in the cycling and triathlon space through brand ambassador engagement, event management, endemic and non-endemic media advertisements, and general brand evangelism.
- Work closely with Wahoo’s existing network of APAC distributors and dealers to grow sales and brand awareness in each territory.
- Directly manage and build Wahoo’s Japanese sales & marketing team (currently consisting of a Japan Country Manager and Customer Service/Tech Rep).
- Position is based in Tokyo
- Four year college degree in a business related field of study; MBA preferred
- 10 years work experience in a consumer products business, with 5+ years experience as a business unit manager or sales leader with pan-APAC responsibilities
- Proven track record of growing a consumer products business in multiple APAC territories with modest resources and creative solutions
- Entrepreneurial mindset; Can do attitude with desire to roll up the sleeves when necessary to get the job done
- Strong desire to work in a start-up culture
- Strong interest in, or knowledge of, fitness technology products and software
- Extreme mental dexterity with the ability to flex from big picture strategic thinking to “in the weeds” execution details
- Language Skill Set:English – native; Japanese - proficient
Product Manager Cycling
- Manage the complete lifecycle for cycling products from conception to market; working with cross functional teams to deliver consumer products on time and on budget.
- Create and execute go-to- market plans, including branding, marketing, distribution, retail, PR plan, and communications strategy.
- Deliver product positioning, messaging and external communications that defines value propositions, differentiates products and influences key product decisions while maintaining brand consistency
- Understand the market by continually assessing the needs of the customer, market trends, competitive opportunities and threats.
- Develop collateral for sales presentations, packaging, product sheets, instruction guides, point of sales materials/displays, and event materials
- Develop all digital materials (web, advertising, video) with designer/agency
- Develop/curate web content for product (blogs, expert articles, etc.)
- Track product performance, revenue, and key marketing/media metrics
- Analyze market and competition, including pricing, short and long term threats, opportunities, trends and new entrants
- Conduct market research (for concepts and messaging) using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Determine appropriate b2b and b2c distributional channels to maximize gross margins, and drive sales
- College degree (BA/BS in marketing or related field preferred)
- 2-4 years of Product Marketing experience
- Experience developing and leading integrated marketing programs and campaigns
- Successful track record of marketing and growing a business across a variety of channels including ecommerce and specialty retail
- Ability to analyze business conditions and create actionable recommendations to enhance product sales performance
- Experience creating and implementing impactful new product launches
- Experience working with advertising/marketing agencies
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Experience developing offline marketing and sales collateral, point of sale materials
- Experience in developing digital/web/mobile marketing assets
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment
- Interpersonal savvy, collaborator, effective in communication internally and externally.
- Tactical agility and attention to details, pragmatic
- Self Motivated, Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for fitness technology
- Knowledgeable of the Cycling categories
Financial Analyst/Reporting Specialist
A wonderful opportunity to join the Wahoo Team as we continue to grow.This position will work in our Finance department based in our Atlanta offices.
Run Excel Modeling of Ad-Hoc Analysis Needed (Examples below)
- Supply/Demand modeling of a price change
- Inventory Freight Analysis of different transportation scenarios
- ROI on Promotions
Manage Monthly and Quarterly Reporting Requirements to 3rd Parties
- Borrowing Base Forms for the Bank (Monthly)
- VAT Taxes Management with NL Accountants (Monthly)
- State Sales Tax (Monthly)
- Monthly Commission Calculations
- GST Australia Taxes (Quarterly)
- Affiliate Fees (Quarterly)
Manage Price Lists
- Responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of price lists on Dropbox, Netsuite and Google Master Sheet.
- Monitor Monthly and Quarterly FX Rates/Adjustments in relation to Vendor Agreements
- Assist in the creation of business cases and budgets
- Monthly Cash Reconciliations of 1/2 of Bank Accounts
- Signified Fraud Management
Customer Service Coordinator
Customer Service Coordinator will work as part of the fabulous Customer Service Team to deliver world-class technical support to Wahoo Fitness customers.These wonderful employees represent Wahoo to consumers for all product and App related questions and concerns.
- Interface with customers, either via email, chat or phone to quickly, efficiently and completely RESOLVE customer service issues
- Use our customer service management system, [Zendesk], to log and manage customer service interactions
- Coordinate shipments of defective products to manufacturers for testing and/or credit
- Manage in-house spare / refurbished parts inventory
- Communicate with customer to keep them updated thought-out the resolution process the status of product (received, tested, replaced, cancelled)
- Qualified candidates for this role will possess a minimum of 1-3 years demonstrated experience performing a customer service role.
- Prior experience working in a customer service role for a technology company dealing with connective devices preferred.
- Demonstrates the ability to learn, understand, and follow established procedures based on technology.
- Technologically savvy; experience using Zendesk (or comparable customer service management system), Google Drive, and Microsoft Office a plus
- Exceptional Customer Service Skills; pleasant, patient, and friendly attitude; plays well with others
- Ability to handle all customers patiently and with kindness
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills plus practiced listening skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational ability to handle multiple events simultaneously
- Strong ability to problem solve and prioritize
- Has “thick skin” and is able to handle complaints and unpleasant customers
- Strong bias for action and demonstrated desire for ownership
- Excellent time management and follow-up skills
- Foreign language a plus
- Enjoys cycling (or running) is a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit and passion for sport/fitness and technology
- Willingness to work flexible schedule to include early evenings and weekends.
- Ideal candidate is self-motivated and additionally works well in a team environment